FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Krug Alert! On sale @ MIA D30 Admirals Club... and others?
Old Dec 22, 2020, 8:53 pm
donotblink

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Krug, like most fine champagne, pairs well with darn near anything... steak, chocolate, caviar, smores, whatever. You could certainly bring a cooler with solid-form ice packs holding a tin of caviar, some boiled potatoes, a bit of creme fraiche, and some garnishes. Could be fun. But with all that effort, might as well be at home if you're flying solo. If there's interest in getting something together some time 12/27-30, I would totally be down for a MIA D30 Krug-and-caviar "do" to drain the supplies. We could go in on a 250g tin of Marshallberg Farms ossetra. PM me.

the half bottles don't say on the front but I've always found the grand cuvee to be pretty consistent unlike Dom and others. I didn't check the code on the back but it's whatever they were pouring in FFD in Feb.

That said, I've done a few champagne parties during covid and no group has yet perceived a meaningful difference between the '08 and '09 Dom. '08 vs '12 Veuve, absolutely (the '08 is much nicer).
I can’t do 12/27...I’m currently scheduled to fly into MIA 12/30 and could possibly do 12/29!