FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Suggestion for 2021: Flame Free Sticky NEWBIE Lounge Thread
Old Dec 21, 2020, 12:20 am
ISTFlyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
The BA board is actually generally held up to be one of the very best on FT. It is, by some margin, the busiest - so it’s hardly broken.

The fact that there are sometimes multiple people starting the same subject is because threads can disappeared down the forum very quickly - by pages a day. That’s not necessarily a bad thing - threads that become too large (mega threads) often contain outdated information which is more confusing, so actually pushing fresh data further up the forum can help. It’s all a judgment call, and why we don’t always merge what might be seen as duplicates.

The crowning glory of the BA forum is, of course, the dashboard - something not many other forums have. That is the strongest reason we don’t have, or likely need, a flame-free thread (which, ime, just regurgitates the same queries or allows off-topic ramblings, something we see enough of in normal threads). There’s been an enormous amount of work put into every one of those dashboard threads, and they cover every basic subject and answer pretty much any question you could conceive.
Thank you for the response NWIFlyer

Yes, I am aware that the forum is the busiest forum in FT. I also agree that the dashboard is really a useful resource for newcomers. I also believe that every contributor that has prepared those dashboard threads has put a lot of effort ( I know it from myself, prepared some for the TK board and it takes a lot of time to prepare one )

Also, you're right at some point that a flame-free thread in the busiest board in FT could cause lots of confusion with multiple queries at the same time and subsequent off-topic discussions rather than a direct Q&A thread like the other boards here in FT.

You are probably much more experienced than me regarding FT members' behavior and posting styles in the BA forum so I'll respect your opinion.