FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SJD-DFW 19 Dec: gate agent let pax into terminal, not Immigration & Customs
Old Dec 20, 2020, 11:45 am
Mr. Vker

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
SJD-DFW 19 Dec: gate agent let pax into terminal, not Immigration & Customs

Not a long story---or really that consequential-but could have been. We were in 1 A and B -but not first off the plane-about 5-6 people had gotten off first. As we neared the end of the jetway, I could see the door to the D terminal was open-not closed as it should be. The door to head to customs was closed. The folks in front proceeded into terminal. I asked the gate agent "Shouldn't we be headed to customs." Her face drained of all color as she asked where we came from. Mexico I said. She asked if we were the first out and I said no. She scrambled and was able to grab the others and get them back into the corridor and close the door. She then opened the other door and we were on our way. Thanked us and said she could have lost her job. What a mess if people had filtered to the terminal etc...unclaimed luggage in customers and more.

Last edited by Mr. Vker; Dec 20, 2020 at 7:16 pm