FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Ritz-Carlton, New Orleans [Master Thread]
Old Dec 19, 2020, 7:11 pm
controller1

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by OUTraveling
So I will be going to New Orleans in October 2021 for a wedding and was wondering if I should splurge and get a club room or not using the Amex FHR program.

The FHR program already offers free breakfast and a $100 property credit so I am pretty solid on for breakfast notwithstanding my Titanium status.

The convenience of the club is very nice if I wanted something to drink or nibble on when I was staying at the Rancho Mirage location. But I found that when I was in SF the only way to sample the best food in the city was either to skip the food at the club or just be a complete glutton.

Here, I am asking the same question. I really do enjoy the quite sanctuary the club provides so I can read or journal and how easily accessible food / beverages are but I fear I won't be able to enjoy the culinary wonders of the city.
The Club in the Ritz-Carlton NOLA is really really good. With that said you are in a foodie city and may wish to venture out. Also, instead of staying in the Club in the evening you may wish to visit the Davenport Lounge on the main floor where there is some good live entertainment. That of course is assuming live entertainment will be back in NOLA and Covid will be more controlled.