FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Property incentive to honor elite status
View Single Post
Old Dec 16, 2020, 8:04 am
skywalkerLAX
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Zeteg
I suppose this doesn't just go for Marriott properties, but does anyone know what incentives properties have for welcoming elite members?

I've been platinum/titanium with Marriott for years now, and the one thing I've noticed is that my treatment really various across properties (seems to be backed up by threads on FT too). I realize there are is a set of things the property must do based on what corporate has set, but what for everything else? Do they get any benefits for welcoming elite members over regular members? Do we count more towards increasing their category? Or are they purely doing it for the chance of an elite review?

Thanks!
Depends on the program and their loyalty contracts with the hotel. Welcoming elite guests and giving them preferential treatment is more or less priced into the franchise and loyalty fees a property pays to Marriott/Marriott Rewards/World of Hyatt etc.

Then there are individual reimbursements for redemptions such as free nights by points, certificates, upgrade awards... Just welcoming a Platinum member, providing lounge, breakfast and an open suite upgrade is baked into the franchise fees. Cost of doing business.

The real VIP's are those who bring the big bucks to the hotel and might not even have any status. The GM/RM takes care of these guys separately.