FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - {prem fare gone}: AF/KL/DL/VS: BUD-US from $750 R/T
Old Dec 15, 2020, 3:35 am
etiene

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
Originally Posted by Maestro Ramen
....and after calling the delta platinum line (yes, it's one level above my grade I'm sorry!), I got exactly what the twitter agents were incapable of understanding/explaining/doing!

Like most people have advised on this thread, I have "parked" the tickets as e-credit, and I will be able to use them until 2022 and shall I decide I want a refund I will also be able to obtain one (apparently because my flight was cancelled, in excellent timing this very day today )

If I use them on the same itinerary it will of course be free of charge, unlike the $4k p/p the incompetent tweeter tried to charge me.

Took her about 5 minutes! (After a 15mn wait to get the line). I recorded the call for good measure, but it looks legit.

Thank you very much to everyone for the multiple comments on the thread. It was very useful reading and doing so before the call would actually have saved me some time
Good that you got sorted. To clear up a few things from your various posts:
  • I think any option involving BHX that you didn't already have ought to have been repriced, so don't think you missed out there.
  • Cancellations should allow you to invoke EU261 for the time of your choosing, but I'm not surprised the airlines are making you rebook at the time rather than parking the itinerary indefinitely. I did the same, as I am unsure when I will use one trip and I'm looking to use the other a year later - so neither could be rebooked at time of parking [don't think I had any cancellations on record when I did park]. I suspect EU261 and derived precedents are silent on delaying beyond the booking calendar - most people would just change routing on the same day and very few be uncertain if they can travel at all for 11/12 months ahead.
  • Strange that the UK Delta number wouldn't deal with it - they're AF/KL agents but they're there for DL customers...? Or did they just not want to use the bulletin?
  • Skype for US/International customer service numbers is the best way - you might need credit but not much.
  • Not sure if Twitter and iMessage are different teams - the worst issue I had with the latter was an agent who went away and found Bulletin 6 off their own back when I mentioned the process, all others seem to have known it comprehensively.