FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Master thread Chase Aeroplan (US) cards
View Single Post
Old Dec 14, 2020, 5:55 pm
lsquare
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Points Poppa
Does this even make sense given the exchange rate difference? Why would I earn 1 Aeroplan point for 1 USD, when I could instead earn 1:1 in CAD?
That’s because you’re most likely a Canadian and have no US income. So it’s irrelevant for you.

Originally Posted by canadiancow
All other things equal, I would take a US version over a Canadian version.

But I need a black card, so if the Chase portfolio is one mid-tier card, it's a non-starter for me. If they have a black version, I will likely switch.
Same with me. I’m only interested in a black card.

Originally Posted by nexusCFX
Blocked by 5/24. Even if it was the most competitive card ever, can't get it.

UR transfer to AP is big news though. UA MP has gone downhill which has really hurt the value of UR points for me, and with AP now having no surcharges it's just a much better program for partner redemptions.
Same here. I’ll be under 5/24 by the time Chase and AC launch the new card(s).

Originally Posted by atsak
I still need a USD denominated card for Canadians. I can't get Chase to give me one (my Canada SIN # matches a SSN of someone who is deceased and neither AMEX nor Chase can deal with it). Once COVID subsides I'll no doubt be all over the US again earning "TD Rewards" and "RBC Rewards" which are not as useful by a long shot.
I think what you’re trying to do is illegal.

Last edited by Adam Smith; Dec 14, 2020 at 7:09 pm Reason: Merge consecutive posts by same user