FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Award availability for Latam flights with SkyMiles (as opposed to Avios)
Old Dec 14, 2020, 7:47 am
flyerCO
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by OhDoctor
Actually in this case, that wasn't true -- see below.

See the thread below about award availability on BA using avios for this route last year.

Actually, I found copious award availability on BA.com for the PPT-IPC-SCL corridor (see my original FlyerTalk post here Tons of availability in J from Tahiti to Easter Island). That's why I was so surprised about the total lack of award seats via DL.
It's very true. Carriers make more seats available for their own programs. Just because LA is offering a C seat award via LA program doesn't mean the seat is available for booking via BAs program. Same is true with nearly all airlines. Same issue with DL and AF/KL/KQ. FB members can only book what DL offers at it's lowest award level. DL members can book into higher award levels for DL metal. Same is true in reverse.

As for the last part, I'm not sure what that has to do with now. Married segments are a known thing. They're not going to want to fill PPT-IPC up with C awards, leaving no seats for PPT-SCL via IPC.

Last edited by flyerCO; Dec 14, 2020 at 7:53 am