FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rebooking issue with call center - help please!
Old Dec 14, 2020, 6:58 am
ukflo

Programs: BA Gold
Angry Rebooking issue with call center - help please!

Hi,

Due to the increasing Covid infection situation in South Africa, I'm trying to rebook my flights to spring instead of the original booking this Christmas. The flights were only booked a month ago and according to Swiss advertised policy should be re-bookable without fees.

The online rebooking option is not available so I priced my new itinerary on swiss.com and rang the call center. The fare difference is £100 between the new itinerary (as priced on swiss.com) and the original.

The call center insists that the fare on swiss.com is not available for re-booking due to it being a 'promotional fare'. There is no mention of this anywhere.

Call center agent says the fare difference I have to pay is £750 per person which seems insane considering the difference is only £100.

I spoke to a supervisor who insisted that was correct without giving any additional explanation other than that it's due to a promotional fare.

What recourse do I have?