FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Use BA or AA app?
View Single Post
Old Dec 14, 2020, 4:29 am
lsquare
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I had a period of time when I used to credit excess TPs (or rather the AA equivalent) to AA, so I had an AA account. The TP structure changed to give benefits up to 9,000 TPs which is relatively new. But trying to shake off my AA account was very difficult, every so often AA (probably an over-helpful AA lounge agent) would register a flight against an account that I had closed - happily it hasn't happened recently. But as a result I always credit to BAEC when flying AA, I always use only my BAEC number in all bookings and dealings with AA, but I use the AA app in guest mode for day to day activities such as SDC or seat changes or checking on connections. That includes checking in, which domestically is very easy, I sometimes send the boarding pass to email but usually I use the in-app boarding pass. International trips can get a bit finnicky if there is a documentation check stage but generally I can get sorted via the AA App. It's quite a good app, in the past it was better than BA, now it's a bit more matched, but it's worth getting the hang of it.

[I still have the US Airways app on my phone, incidentally. The phone is six months old].
Slightly OT, but what do you mean by "TP structure changed to give benefits up to 9,000 TPs"? Was there a cap on how much TP one can earn in a membership year?

I actually have an AA account and my CC points are still posted in my account on a monthly basis. I'm assuming I'll have to log out of my account to be in "guest mode" to do all that you had described earlier?