FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - the luxury hotels of Dubai
View Single Post
Old Dec 12, 2020, 5:44 pm
Duck1981

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by scented
I am not too sure about a Shuttle between the properties, do ask them before you arrive to clarify. In any case, DJB is only around 10 minutes by car -- a cheap Uber ride away -- from DIFC. I would definitely try and go there, you have full access and signing privileges at both properties, as you know.

The Spa facilities are still closed and I would imagine this will not change by January unfortunately, so you may book a treatment (they are the best in the Middle East, by far!), but otherwise not much to do at the Spa. If you find it too cold outside, the Spa has a beautiful indoor pool with custom SICIS mosaic and gorgeous marble, this may be worth spending some time there -- it is the most beautiful indoor pool in Dubai.

I would strongly recommend you try Sea Fu and its Bar, both enjoy a premier seafront setting... from 5 pm to 7 pm is Kanpai Hour, which means 50% discount on drinks and cocktails. Or you might as well stay for dinner, which is fantastic. It truly is my favorite restaurant in Dubai these days, maybe because the service is so warm and caring, under Annamaria. The fantastic cuisine by Chef Pierre also helps.

Dubai in January can be a bit chilly indeed, but I also had stays with 27°C and endless sunshine. Just wait and enjoy!
Thanks - last year we had 30 degrees so I am hoping for that! I think I'll try Sea Fu on our last night, maybe followed by some drinks in the roof top bar at the FS DIFC before we need to head to the airport midnight. Great advice!