FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What to do with 78 eupgrade credits expiring in Feb 2021?
Old Dec 12, 2020, 8:57 am
canadiancow
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by run&fly
Is there a rumour that they may be extended? 140 expiring in Feb. 2021 for me... Haven't flown a single mile in 2020...

R&F
There are no rumors or announcements.

I'm going to write in on my own behalf in mid January to ask for an exception, but my circumstances are fairly unique. One of my examples is that 40 of my expiring eUps were from crossing a million miles. That's not something I can repeat, and deferring those to a year where long haul travel is possible seems reasonable.

But I can make a much more convincing argument than "I got the base 20, selected 50 as a privilege, and want to roll them all over".

They may make a public announcement on this in the next month or so, which is why I'm waiting. But if they don't, then you need to figure out why your circumstances are different from everyone else if you're going to ask for an exception.

And they already have a way to roll over 50, so if I were them, I don't think I'd entertain requests from anyone without a card.