FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - South Africa - entry restrictions and rules [merged thread]
Old Dec 9, 2020, 3:33 am
Davesa

Originally Posted by lots@LHR
Sorry to ask something but the RSA website I think only talks about masks exemption for under 2’s. Timatic when I put my details in asks for a PCR test, but using my children, does not. Do we agree under 5s or under 6s don’t need a PCR to visit RSA?

flying LHR to CPT. Staying for 90 nights.
This is the guidance from my KLM Booking departing next week. It seems the SA authorities now have a plan for dealing with delayed departures/cancellations or missed connections etc. You must still have a printed copy of the PCR test upon arrival. If it is older than 72 hours at inspection you will be required to undergo a test on arrival (assume a rapid test?) at a cost of R600. The Gazette also confirms that under 5's are now exempt from masks when travelling. Personally though as I've already booked and paid for my 4 year olds test I'm going to get him tested in case of any problems along the route with officials not understanding the ever changing rules!

Passengers travelling to South Africa will be refused entry if they do not hold a printed medical certificate of a negative Covid-19 PCR test result. If the result is not obtained within 72 hours prior to the day of departure, from the date of examination, passengers will be required to undergo testing on arrival at their own expense at a cost of 600 rand.This does not apply to:
  1. crew members;
  2. children aged 5 years and under with no symptoms; or
  3. passengers with disabilities, provided holding confirmation from the local health authorities.
Passengers will be subject to screening on arrival and those presenting symptoms of Covid-19 must quarantine until a repeat test is conducted. The quarantine and test will be at the passenger's own cost.