FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - delta vs airtran to florida
View Single Post
Old Oct 8, 2004, 3:21 pm
BViPeR04

Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Platinum Premier
Yeah, I know the first time I was on an RJ I was thinking 'dang...this is different' It wasn't too bad though. I think what got me the most about the RJ was when I got in it (It was the 150th CRJ that Comair had made or whatever) there was what looked like smoke coming from over top of the overhead bins.. I could tell a lot of people on board hadn't flown in one either and they were concerned. It was just steam or something I guess, it was coming from the Air conditioning. That same flight we got delayed for some reason then finally boarded a half hour late, as a thunderstorm was hitting the airport..then had to wait another 18 minutes before take off so we would get to Atlanta for our arrival window, after 18 minutes you hear the engines and everything turn off.. and the captain comes on and lets us know that we're staying put for the duration of the storm, and appologized because the Air coditioning in the plane is also no longer working properly... there were A LOT of pissed off travelers that day..lol It did get pretty miserable on there sitting from 5 until about 6:30..very muggy but we survived.

I've looked at the seating arrangments for the Embraer jets, 1 by 2, I guess I'll give it a chance. When I first saw that Delta was announcing nonstop service from DAY to MCO I was thinking surely they'd be using an MD80, since it's comparable to Airtrans 717's that fly the same route.. but they apparently had other plans.