FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Krisflyer North America Y award - 25,000 one way?
Old Dec 4, 2020, 2:46 pm
rapatelrocky

Originally Posted by rapatelrocky
I had forgotten exactly - but just remembered - they said positioning flights longer than 4 hours are priced per segment. going via DEN was just over 4 hours, so would not have helped. Others were via LAX and SFO. I don't think layover time was the issue.

EDIT - Text from response:

Thank you for your email of 4 December 2019 to Singapore Airlines regarding redemption reservation on partner airlines.

May we share that if your itinerary consist of connecting flight above four hours for flight between the United States,Canada, Puerto Rico or U.S. Virgin Islands, it will be consider as stopover and sectorize miles will be collected.

If you were to redeem one way Economy Class from EWR to HNL, it will cost 17,500 KrisFlyer miles for each passenger. Round trip will cost you 35,000 KrisFlyer miles per passenger.
So i checked a stop at Chicago , as it is 2+ hours from EWR - with ORD to OGG being 9+ hours, and it still changes from 35k to 60k per person. Guess the HNL direct flight is only real option for now, but very long flight for economy. Oh well.