FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "First Class on Hawaiian Air A330-200 (Seats/Meals/Etc.)" Thread
Old Dec 3, 2020, 12:41 pm
HNLbasedFlyer

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Thought I would resurrect this thread with my observations overall in F and the seat.

Flew LAS-HNL 12/1.

The Bad: Far more expensive than the competition with the only benefit being the nonstop (which for many important - but still a $300 price premium over UA via LAX or SFO also with a lie flat seems excessive). Had a seat in row 1 in the middle section - boarded with someone already poaching it to sit with his wife, with his stuff already in my seat and him parked in it, with Covid concerns reluctantly took his row 2 aisle seat not in the middle section. Immediately noticed the lack of padding - and then the funky footrest thing that I realized I'd have to use for a lie flat function with my seat practically stuck in the aisle. It is just a weird setup. It took me awhile to notice no entertainment system built into the seat - just some massive metal rod you pull out - while you wait awhile for the iPad to be distributed (then taken away well before landing). Entertainment choices not robust - and some of the TV documentaries only have Part 1, like Lance and Last Dance. Just Part 1? Everyone got the same breakfast choice, the Cheese Blintzes with Berry Sauce are mostly Berry. The Chicken Apple Sausage was smaller than a small women's pinky. Could not sleep in that lie flat seat, was just uncomfortable with lack of padding and funky footrest - when upright a tight fit from elbow to elbow. The seat has only 1 control. 1 restroom at the front of the plane. My back is still sore from the seat and that doesn't happen.

To be fair, The Good. While lack of built in seat entertainment is poor - at least the iPad is very large (albeit you need to plug it in and not a lot of movies/TV). My seatmate in the Window could get out to the Aisle relatively easily due to the footrest. Printed menu. The Pineapple Vanilla Shortcake was actually very good. Lots of fruit. Everyone is very friendly. Full drink menu with unique items. I landed safely.