FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Traveler arrested after flying SFO-LIH after positive result
Old Dec 2, 2020, 11:32 pm
Textile
Suspended

Originally Posted by Weatherboy
Yes, if they never took the test, they could go home, live out their quarantine there, and break no laws. But they took the test, was told they couldn't fly, lied to United, and then lied to Hawaii authorities. Their lying got them in trouble, not the disease.

Officially they have been charged with "second-degree reckless endangering" by risking others with death; more charges could also be made against them.
Most of what you state as fact is not known - and tell me why someone flying knowingly with an awful case of the flu should be treated differently? Ot some other awful, infectious disease like measles? Maybe their parents are dying and they doubted the rapid test and they had no symptoms? Bottom line is how can you be so sure and convict them on a media portrayal? Just trying to be balanced - if they knew they had it and flew just because they wanted to then I agree it’s morally wrong - but I haven’t seen anyone prove anywhere - this forum or another - it’s illegal....

And PLEASE remember - being arrested is NOT the same as being illegal....