FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - South Africa - entry restrictions and rules [merged thread]
Old Dec 2, 2020, 12:43 pm
LufthansaFlyer

Originally Posted by thijsseh
My own experience (plus hearsay from others) is that no-one asks anything about that app. I arrived into JNB just over two weeks ago, I had dutifully installed it on my phone. If you are concerned, I would suggest you disable Bluetooth as you mention. And as you say, possession of a smartphone can hardly be a requirement so enforcement is difficult to say the least!

On your other post: the requirement is to have a negative Covid test of a sample which was taken less than 72 hours before you started your itinerary (i.e. the departure date / time of the first flight on your PNR). They do check your certificate but I am not at all sure how closely they examine it.
Thanks! I'm starting to feel more confident about the pieces lining up for the trip. Getting a test inside the 72hr window and getting the dogs off the wait list at the kennel are the last 2 concerns. Even as far as travel insurance goes, I found policies that people on this thread have mentioned and can get coverage for $50-60 for us for the 10 days. Policies stated clearly that they cover COVID care, evacuation, etc. A no-brainer in this world. Maybe I can put my OCD to rest for a while.