FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [PREM FARE GONE] OW - AY BLQ-CAN 470 euro
Old Dec 1, 2020, 8:51 pm
keitherson

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by beyounged
WOW, AY has really the best policy.
Just called, and the friendly agent helped me reschedule my flights and confirmed the most customer-friendly virus-related policy I have seen.
As long as you booked before APR30, you can change your flight online, for free, without any fare difference, for infinite amount of times, for any new flight before NOV30, as long as you keep your origin and destination the same. Or, of course, you can request for a refund.
My next 2 rt both involved HAJ, which AY pulled out completely, so it is not possible to do so online, and in that case a phone call is necessary. But honestly, this is leagues ahead of FI, who I had the displeasure to deal with last week, which offered no refund or credit or waive of fare difference.
Big kudos to AY, and I am proud to say I use them most often for my EU-related travels. Also it can potentially mean you can experiment around until you get D on both outbound and inbound for maximum mileage earning on AS.
It is now past 30NOV, HK is still closed, and now Finnair is not wanting to rebook me without wanting fare difference. RIP