FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AC No Longer Allowing Nexus as Sole Basis to Enter Canada?
Old Dec 1, 2020, 11:35 am
SparseFlyer

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by yyz_consulted
While I agree it is dumb we have to have a thread to question whether AC will correctly apply its own rules, the somewhat serious implications of an agent not allowing me to board spurred my ask.

This is just as silly as the time I almost got deplaned for wearing Bluetooth headphones the week after they changed that rule - but uninformed agents exist.
I agree. What frustrates me even more is that if you call AC to ask them about the policy for this scenario (or any documents require for international flying) they will say "ask customs we give no advice regarding customs clearance and only follow the published rules when you check in".

And then you show up with the correct documents and instead of checking what the rules are they end up making arbitrary ones instead of actually verifying.

Mind you, customs does say that we should always check with the airlines as they may have more stringent / additional requirements for required documents, but then AC should make this clear if it's the case.

Anyway, AC has made it clear on their website a few months back that a passport is NOT required (i.e., they only recommend that you bring it) https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...documents.html

It's also very easy to find, read and interpret. So it should shut down most opposition a GA or the CIA (Check In Agents) maybe have.
​​​​​