FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Maldives hotel recommendations
View Single Post
Old Dec 1, 2020, 10:00 am
enox5

Programs: Hilton Gold, Etihad Gold, IHG Platinum, IC Ambasador, Marriott Gold, Taj Gold, Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by oceanscape
We are looking to stay one night at SAii Lagoon Maldives before moving over to Conrad for 7 nights.

I can't get reward availability at Conrad for our first night but can get a promo rate for SAii at under $150 inc.

Does anyone see any issue with this? I know I will have 2 lots of transfers to pay for, but the SAii boat transfers are $148 each so I'm still looking at about $450 all-in for 1 night with the transfers, which is still much cheaper than paying for an extra night at Conrad which will be over $1,300.

I assume there are no COVID-19 restrictions that would prevent this idea? Anyone think we are crazy to do this and should just pay the extra and go straight to Conrad?
The Maldives isn't an easy place to get to. It's expensive and time consuming

As such, it's very popular to visit more than one island. I visited the Conrad and the Holiday Inn, last time I went there

However I don't see the value of visitting the Saii for 1 night. You'll be exhausted from travel and have very little time to enjoy the place.