FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which Frequent Flyer Program to Join? Help Is Here!
Old Dec 1, 2020, 9:46 am
andy_dangg

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by LondonElite
To be honest with you, sign up for all three, and fly with the carrier that gives you the best timing and pricing. At three/four domestic economy flights a year you're going to be a long way from building up a big pot to splurge on upgrades or free flights, and hoarding is not a great strategy. If you are able to sign up for a credit card or two you might get a fair number of points, but you really need to take your travel up to several flights a month before you see a FFP paying off in a significant way.
Thanks, this is what I had a feeling it would be like. I think the easiest way for me to get some benefit would be with credit cards, which do you suggest? Just see which airline seems the best for the route I’m taking then get that CC for the sign up bonus? Hoping to do that for international travel—which has typically the best rewards for international travel? Don’t mind paying for domestic flights just want to save some money once it’s safe to travel abroad.