View Single Post
Old Dec 1, 20, 5:19 am
BESVISOR
formerly htang333

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, AMAN, Rosewood Elite, RC STARS, Belmond Bellini, Hyatt Prive, Shangri-La, etc.
moebod

Hi and glad to see another heading to Maldives!!

I've been booking Maldives much more than usual lately due to being one of the few places that's international friendly at the moment.
Booked and had 3 sets of clients stay at Joali in Nov.
Just booked another family of 4 ( 2 adults + 2 and 1 yr. olds) at Cheval Blanc for next week.
Just booked a couple at COMO Maalifushi for NYE.
Just sent in a proposal to clients at Gili (mins ago).

So Figured I'd just give my 2 cents...

Don't have anything that's going to check all your boxes:

But overall, I stand by Cheval Blanc and Joali.

Joali is pretty new and booked clients at 40% off + half board + 2x upgrade at booking. That's a value to be had for sure! The best deal I'm aware of for any of the top luxe options in Maldives.

Cheval Blanc's Infinite Bliss Promo I just booked for clients had stay 7 pay 5 + a list of other goodies, including a private beach dinner.

Both having amazing services. The butlers at Joali are fantastic and not just a label/title. All 3 sets of my clients who just stayed, raved about their butler. Very proactive, which is the old school Aman ethos
Without knowing your personal taste and preference, I'm just going to objectively say that I've seen more people love the hard products at Cheval Blanc than any other resorts within Maldives.

Both will require seaplane transfers but Cheval Blanc's private shared seaplane is the best in Maldives as well. And their lounge is great.
The client I just booked over the weekend at CB. paid $1850 for CB's seaplane vs. $1000 for the commercial seaplane (roundtrip). So it's a big difference in price but so is the plane. That might make your wife's journey a bit easier/tolerable.

Joali's food isn't the best but seems to not be an issue for you. And half board is great
C.B.'s food is solid.

Joali and C.B. are two of my favorite management teams to work with in Maldives as well. Very quick and competent.
Can't say enough about management who can answer all questions clearly and effectively. Also understand how to look after clients.

I've rebooked myself at Joali, Cheval Blanc, Velaa and Gili for next Summer. Can't wait!

Happy shopping and hope you'll have a great time regardless where you land!