FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best place to spend winter during a potential second wave of COVID?
Old Dec 1, 2020, 3:40 am
the810

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by tlott
In general I have been very impressed with hygiene and mask usage. Nearly 100% mask usage everywhere outside home (including outdoors). Foot operated hand sanitizers in virtually every shop/cafe/takeaway place. There is no excuse for not having clean hands here. Also to date there has been good contact tracing (I understand this is weakening now with bigger numbers) and imposed isolation of family/contacts of known patients - I have encountered a couple people who were subject to 14 day isolation recently. They are doing what they can, and overall seems OK. Better than the joke of my home country, anyway.
And yet their cases skyrocket, almost if those meassures didn't make too much difference.

I understand people who choose places with low infection rate and I understand people who choose places with few restrictions. And of course, the combination of both would be the best. But why would someone pick a place with many restrictions and a large infection rate?