FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AC Cyber Monday 2020 Promotion (up to 50% off)
Old Nov 30, 2020, 7:14 am
mileageking

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
https://www.aircanada.com/en-ca/cybe...racdotcom|caen

I clicked on the promo within seconds of receiving the e-mail at 1AM Calgary time (I assume it was sent to coincide with midnight Pacific time) and the 50% off code was already used up by the time I was able to get my first flight search done. 30% still available as of now (1:13AM Mountain time).
Originally Posted by YOWgary
Smart.

They get to claim credit for having had a huge sale, without having to give that pricing to almost anyone.

I'm not being snarky, that's actually smart marketing.
From competition bureau: https://www.competitionbureau.gc.ca/...0522.html#bait

Bait and switch selling

Section 74.04 of the Competition Act is a civil provision. It prohibits "bait-and-switch" selling which occurs when a product is advertised at a bargain price, but is not available for sale in reasonable quantities. The provision does not apply if the advertiser can establish that the non-availability of the product was due to circumstances beyond its control, the quantity of the product obtained was reasonable, or the customer was offered a rain check when supplies were exhausted.

If a court determines that a person has engaged in conduct contrary to section 74.04, it may order the person not to engage in such conduct, to publish a corrective notice and/or to pay an administrative monetary penalty of up to $750,000 in the case of a first time occurrence by an individual and $10,000,000 in the case of a first time occurrence by a corporation. For subsequent orders, the penalties increase to a maximum of $1,000,000 in the case of an individual and $15,000,000 in the case of a corporation.
30% off now shows sold out.

Last edited by Adam Smith; Nov 30, 2020 at 8:34 am Reason: Merge consecutive posts by same user