FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Denied boarding, tricky one
View Single Post
Old Nov 29, 2020, 4:44 am
nufnuf77

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
For the OP;
I'm sorry, as others mentioned, QR was right. A B2B or a same day connection is never considered as transfer and you always need to meet the requirements of the final destination of your country which in this case is Qatar.

For ​​​​nufnuf77 ;
That sounds interesting, was two flights on separate tickets. Assuming that you were on a single ticket from LHR-DOH-VIE and you're a UK citizen; why should QR deny you on the flight.
The agent said all is fine for both me and wife. final destination slovakia, etc...

the supervisor said they need to get OK from immigration in vienna and slovakia and qatar head office. this took over 24 hours. I argued saying TIMATIC says its ok to no avail. I went over to BA who were incredibly perplexed because they said timatic says we are fine. however as this was QR mistake/fault BA wanted to rebook and put segments on hold and I was told at T5 as soon as QR insert remark into PNR that they will allow us travel that we can go on 28/11 on these flights. However day later when QR did insert such remarks, BA didnt wanna rebook onto QR (and also policy changed) because rev man told them not to. qatar didnt wanna touch BA ticket ewither . i filed a complaint and claim to qatar and also subject access for all notes in PNR because I was once denied boarding and once promised we would travel 2 days later and this was rescinded by BA.