FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Fairmont Black Friday Gift Card Sale Returns!
Old Nov 27, 2020, 1:20 pm
CanadaDH

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
It's a bit of a gong show again. My first transaction for $5,000 went through. Got the receipt, but no cards yet.

I did 2 more transactions for $5,000 each, and the purchases timed out, but the pending transaction is showing on my credit card. In the middle of a chat session to figure out how to know if they went through or not.

They mentioned they're extending the sale to 7 PM due to the high volume of purchases and calls.

Update - 90 minutes after getting the time-out error, I received another e-mail confirmation for another purchase. So far, I have 3 pending charges to my credit cards, 2 confirmation e-mails with order numbers, but no actual gift cards received.

Update #2 - Received an e-mail from support, saying the 3rd transaction also went through, and she had a reference number. Still never received the official confirmation message on that one.

I don't have any actual gift cards yet, and I only have 2 out of 3 official receipts, but I have an e-mail acknowledging the 3rd went through. I'll take that to mean I'll eventually receive them.

I was going to make 5 purchases, to get me through to my June vacations, but I don't want to go through this crap again, but trying another purchase. The $15k + $3k bonus will get me through my winter trips. I'll hope the sale returns again on Mothers Day next spring.

Update #3 - Customer Service followed up again by e-mail, and were able to send me the receipt for the third transaction. Still no cards received yet, but have official receipts for all 3 purchases.

While their systems have been slow/offline/overloaded/whatever, I will say their customer service has been prompt and helpful.

Last edited by CanadaDH; Nov 27, 2020 at 3:44 pm Reason: Add new info