FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mattress Run for Hyatt Globalist in 2022
View Single Post
Old Nov 23, 2020, 10:04 pm
Matt4200

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Unlikely they would do so without contacting the guest. And why would they forego revenue in these times? As long as the guest was physically there to check in and told the hotel that he might not use the room the entire time (Work from hotel during daytime) it should be fine.
My understanding is the hotel could either check the guest out mid stay or could charge them for the full stay then deny to give them points/EQN going as far as closing their WOH account.

Now you’d just have to factor the likelihood of either of those happening which could be 0.1%, 10%, 50% etc.

A lot of people have their own system for Mattress Runs, most recommending swiping in at least twice a week.

To each their own, for me personally I could never do a MR. Not because I feel like it’s bending or going against the T&C, but because I just couldn’t pay for a hotel and not stay in it, it’s just strange to me. I completely understand the reasoning and it makes sense, just not for me to do. If I needed extra nights I’d just book a stay overlapping New Years to get them all added, but I’d actually stay.

I say go with what works for you personally.