FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA to sell a limited number of First Class items
Old Nov 21, 2020, 1:20 pm
rosenkavalier

I have a feeling this is not just to trim overstock but to raise some cash and engage the (non-)flying public. Despite the reduction in F seats, they can always keep the crockery for future use, as its a non perishable item. Divide current stock into batches, use them one at a time, and when the time comes to get rid of it, do so and move onto the next batch. They are probably going to sell them at a high margin vs. what they paid for, playing on the whole luxury/British heritage brands schtick and make some cash out of the sale, and see this as a PR exercise at the same time.
Has BA still managed to hold off receiving government aid? (I haven't been following the situation on that front too closely)
Thats the big question in my opinion, they will do EVERYTHING in their power not to receive government aid in order to cling on to their slots at LHR, so far the strategy has been to lower staff remuneration permanently, cut premium cabin meals, close lounges, sell artwork, supplies etc. So after all is said and done, its the employees (and to a smaller extent pax) who would have done the sacrificing so that they can go back to charging a hefty premium for a non-competitive product out of LHR and get away with it.