FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Speculation on Dec Flying as a Function of COVID
Old Nov 20, 2020, 1:14 am
FlitBen

Originally Posted by dcpdxtrans
I did a poor job with my original post. I originally posted this thread in UA bc I really only wanted to hear views from those traveling on UA, where I have upcoming flights obviously through their hubs. I wanted to hear what others have seen and what they expect flying UA and the level of vigilance and enforcement. I also wanted to know if they thought / heard if flying (on UA) would increase. Obviously, UA has SFO (more restrictive), IAH (less), ORD (more, I think), EWR (more). In any event, I agree with a previous poster that if folks are being compliant with wearing masks (above their nose) and washing hands, I feel pretty good. If they are not, then I'm nervous about flying. Thanks for those that replied.
I would not worry too much about the flight experience, especially if you use goggles or face shields along with normal precautions like minimizing toilet visits. Seating areas are better ventilated than most indoor spaces, with filtered high-volume inside and atmospheric air the norm. It is your movements in ground transit through transit, security, dining/waiting, and boarding corridors that can bring more contact with asymptomatic carriers, including new traveling companions. Gatherings at your destinations involve separate risks.

Last edited by FlitBen; Nov 20, 2020 at 4:34 am