FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Maximize Stays to Titanium this year.
View Single Post
Old Nov 17, 2020, 6:22 pm
SPN Lifer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
If you have plenty of Bonv°y points, perhaps consider redeeming some of them for the cheapest little staycations you can find, to reach 75 nights.

Redemption nights count not only toward annual elite status, but toward lifetime as well: Silver (250), Gold (400), and Platinum (600).

Bonv°y! ​​​
Originally Posted by Nitehawk
I've been tempted to book myself into a cat 1 until I hit LT plat. It would use maybe 1/3rd of my points balance, and also get me to titanium this year.
While I am eager to gain Lifetime Platinum Elite — I am currently only about halfway there from my current Lifetime Gold Elite, and this will be my 10th year as a Platinum — I see no need to rush. I am already a new 2020 Titanium.

The grand point-redemption tactic might solve a predicted multi-year absence from Bonv°y properties due to other commitments, pandemic, etc. For me, I will just wait the two or three years it takes me to reach ~ 100 more nights.

On the other hand, to get Marriott Bonv°y Titanium Elite, go for it!