View Single Post
Old Nov 17, 20, 6:59 am
BESVISOR
formerly htang333

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, AMAN, Rosewood Elite, RC STARS, Belmond Bellini, Hyatt Prive, Shangri-La, etc.
Originally Posted by YClass View Post
Any thoughts on the best hotel accessible by short boat ride from Male (or indeed any international airport)? My other half is claustrophobic so seaplanes and ATRs are an issue......

My guess would be Como Cocoa Island (though I'm not convinced by the rooms) or the new Waldorf.... any other suggestions?

In an ideal world would be at Cheval or Velaa.....
I can understand that but I'd say that Cheval Blanc has the nicest / most comfortable seaplane in Maldives and some of my clients who absolutely hates seaplanes found it to be just fine.
If you're doing a week long stay or more, I'd say it's worth the inconvenience (of course I have no clue how severe the claustrophobia is) but CB's private plane will make it much more pleasant than the commercial ones.

By boat:
New Waldorf looks "meh!'. O&O has its fans but I found it to be sub par for Maldives and way too commercial.
FS KH is okay after the renovation. FS service and the hard product is okay but hardly in the same league as the best (C.B., Joali, Velaa, etc.)
Gili is great (esp. after rebuild) but it's not everyone's cup of tea. Especially if you need A/C in every room/area.

Nonetheless, hope you both have a great trip wherever you decide on!
I'm rebooked for Cheval, Velaa, Joali and Gili next summer. Until then, love seeing others traveling to Maldives