FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Anyone switch from Delta Diamond to United 1K?
Old Nov 16, 2020, 9:15 pm
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
Originally Posted by FlyingBeanCounter
Pluses for 1k. You get up to 8 in comfort plus. You also get a free snack and one more global upgrade.
Additionally, you do not have to wait to be "upgraded" to E+ shortly after booking (for PM and DM) -- if there are seats available, you can pick them. I have strong feelings about DL treating C+ as having an upgrade list in the same was as F and making GM wait until 3 days out...

UA changed their upgrade system to be points-based, where the class of service, length of flight, and the fare purchased influences how may of your 320 PlusPoints it takes -- if you are upgrading discount long-haul Y to J, you effectively only get four one-way upgrades. They also provide the opportunity to earn more PlusPoints through spending, which may influence some people's decisions.

If you prefer complimentary domestic upgrades, note that UA does not provide any CPUs on its domestic business routes (EWR-LAX, EWR-SFO, soon from JFK as well). If you want an upgrade on UA on these routes, you'll need to use miles or PlusPoints. DL provides complimentary medallion upgrades to domestic D1 on the day of departure, and AA uses the standard upgrade windows.

If you are flying long haul international business, the Polaris lounges are supposed to be quite nice.

Originally Posted by audidudi
Just as Global Services will trump a 1K, a DM360 will trump a DM! However we don't know how many UA GS vs DL DM360 are out there, but I assume that there are many more GSs as they even have their own dedicated check-in counters!
I was under the impression that the upgrade priority for Delta 360 was the same as DM -- DL has never said anything publicly about it, but that's based on what's on the internet about it and conjecture.