FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - South Africa - entry restrictions and rules [merged thread]
Old Nov 15, 2020, 3:49 pm
Colossus

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by stuarto
Has there been any thoughts on changing from a PCR test to a rapid saliva type type ie available within LHR ? I thought I saw that mentioned on Ramaphoza's memo somewhere..

Also has anyone managed to get reasonable travel insurance incl covid cover with SA still being on FCDO high risk list?

We have CPT flights booked for 3rd Dec so we need a few things to fall into place yet..

Cheers for any info..
I’m also curious to know re. if any changes to testing requirements, hopefully we’ll find out more information on this when they confirm the dates the announced changes will apply from. With respect to the PCR testing sub-72 hours from departure requirement, I’ve heard some state this is from when the test result was processed, not when the swab was taken (there could be a number of hours or a day apart). If this were the case it would reduce the need for some to pay an additional expedited fee to get results back quicker.

With respect to travel insurance, I think Battleface is good, particularly if those being insured are under 60. I ran a quote for 3 weeks in December when I’m booked to go and it was quite reasonable.