FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 100,000 Free flights to Healthcare Professionals - Ends 17th May 2020
Old Nov 15, 2020, 8:59 am
shaiboy

Just returning back from a trip to the Maldives. It was quite difficult finding availability and then things got even more difficult when they cancelled my flight out of Atlanta. I was able to rebook a flight out of JFK to Doha then to Male. All flights except for the flight back from Male to Doha was pretty empty--not only are they blocking out middle seats, but there were several empty seats. On the way from Doha to JFK, the flight was at about 20% capacity so everyone got their own row of 3 seats and could sleep easily.

It was a little tricky timing the negative COVID test, luckily our test results came back about 12 hours before our flight, but there were several passengers that were rejected at check in because they didn't have their results back yet. As for getting the tickets at the gate, I had proof of everything, but only needed to show my hospital badge (didn't have anything other than my name as my badge doesn't have my employee ID number). They showed my badge to a person who I assumed was a supervisor, and then they thanked me for my contributions during the pandemic and gave us our boarding passes. Flights to Male are currently about $1400, so my wife and I are deeply grateful for Qatar Airways for their promotion. It wasn't easy to get enrolled in the program, wasn't easy finding availability, and wasn't easy to meet all the requirements to travel during a global pandemic--but it was totally worth it.