FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Y vs WTP LHR - DXB in Jan during CoVid - your seating advice needed
Old Nov 14, 2020, 5:51 am
Radiation Station

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by Duck1981
Dear FTers

I am wondering if anyone has been on BA106 (DXB-LHR - the night time departure at 0205am recently? I am currently booked in Y as I am not willing to pay for the current Club World offering (which would be approx 2300GBP vs the 360 I paid return).

I would be interested on the current PAX load - I am booked on this one mid Jan (of course, no idea what will happen until then) and have received the almost usual upgrade offer into WTP for a relative modest 136GBP per person. I am actually a bit hesitant to book given the catering will be the same like in Y, and I should sleep most of the time anyway. Another point though is that the 787 (if not swapped by then) is from all what I've heard dreadful in Y - I guess only if the two of us would have a reasonable chance to get a row for ourselves. I have reserved the last row which only has two seats but I understand the plane is till tight in Eco - and maybe a chatty crew in the galley might prevent me from sleeping.

As I said it would lots of crystal ball reading here, but any thoughts of you are as usual almost welcome.

Thanks
£136 per person each way?

I did the same flight back from Dubai last year, I believe on the A350, and I would never do that in Y again. But it depends if you can sleep. The new BA Y seats are horribly uncomfortable for me, but I am 185cm and have a long torso.