FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Y vs WTP LHR - DXB in Jan during CoVid - your seating advice needed
Old Nov 14, 2020, 5:41 am
rapidex

Originally Posted by Duck1981
Dear FTers

I am wondering if anyone has been on BA106 (DXB-LHR - the night time departure at 0205am recently? I am currently booked in Y as I am not willing to pay for the current Club World offering (which would be approx 2300GBP vs the 360 I paid return).

I would be interested on the current PAX load - I am booked on this one mid Jan (of course, no idea what will happen until then) and have received the almost usual upgrade offer into WTP for a relative modest 136GBP per person. I am actually a bit hesitant to book given the catering will be the same like in Y, and I should sleep most of the time anyway. Another point though is that the 787 (if not swapped by then) is from all what I've heard dreadful in Y - I guess only if the two of us would have a reasonable chance to get a row for ourselves. I have reserved the last row which only has two seats but I understand the plane is till tight in Eco - and maybe a chatty crew in the galley might prevent me from sleeping.

As I said it would lots of crystal ball reading here, but any thoughts of you are as usual almost welcome.

Thanks
You are asking the impossible. The covid19 vaccine is due to be rolled out early December. It might, or it might not. It could be a roaring success or a complete shambles..If its the former flights could be overbooked with airlines scrambling to get crews back, or if its the latter just more of the same. If you like gambling, place your bets