FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A warning for our Canadian friends connecting to EK
Old Nov 13, 2020, 1:22 am
CaptainEKAirbus

Originally Posted by nomiiiii
What reason did Air Canada give for requiring covid test? Is that what Tiamatic is saying or what? Did they not show their UAE residence card?

Emirates.com clearly says "UAE residents have the option to present a negative COVID‑19 PCR test certificate that is valid for 96 hours from the date of the test before departure or take the COVID‑19 PCR test on arrival in Dubai."
As Often1 rightfully pointed out, I wasn't privy to the exact specifics, so I couldn't tell you other than this person being told the lack of a pre-departure covid test being the issue. They were in possession of their valid UAE ID and valid residency visa.

Originally Posted by Often1
As with many incidents, unless it is determined that this was an AC policy rather than a perhaps mistaken employee, I would not broadcast this as a warning about travel on AC. Unfortunately OP was not the passenger and cannot speak to the exact interchange.

It is worth noting that TIMATIC does provide that if one waits until arrival for the test, that one is quarantined until the test result is back.
Yes - apologies if it came across as an attack on AC, definitely not my intention. Was just hoping to help to make others aware in case they have an AC segment booked on their itinerary - these sorts of surprises are never fun to encounter, especially in today's travel environment. I agree, it was likely the case of a few mistaken AC employees or their miscomprehension of the latest guidance. I personally was a bit surprised that the very clear wording on the EK website (and proof of Canadian citizenship and Dubai residency) wasn't sufficient.