FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Beaver Creek, Colorado REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Nov 12, 2020, 5:42 am
Tonyr4

Originally Posted by drnilescrane
They really, really don't.

They don't target the same customer at all. One is a lifestyle hotel. The other is a luxury full service hotel. Because anecdotally - during the middle of the pandemic - you feel the clientele is similar doesn't seem to be backed by the data. The place is owned by a REIT, it's all available from the SEC.

Beaver Creek competes with the Ritz Bachelor Gulch. It's the only slope side full service hotel in the village. It sold recently for about $750,000 a key - the market values it as a luxury property.

Hyatt Centric Park City isn't even in the top 5 of a market which includes a St Regis, a Waldorf Astoria and a Montage.

Hyatt Centric is designed to be an oddball brand that lets owners skip features or cheap out on room fit out to allow oddball developments - hence the wild outliers in room count that are possible.

I would have agreed with you the place is nothing special (until I stayed at that awful Grand Hyatt in Vail) and doesn't deliver on the brand promise, but it checks all the boxes.

I am never, ever going to agree with you the place is positioned as a lifestyle hotel, would be successful as a lifestyle hotel, tries to attract that customer, or even "feels" like one.
That all makes sense.........On another note, what makes the GH in Vail so bad? We have a trip planned there later this year.