FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AC Jetz all-business class aircraft appearing on popular Sunspot routes
Old Nov 11, 2020, 7:05 pm
philelite

Programs: AC 100K SE (*G), Marriott P, SPG G, Hilton D
I was planning to travel Dec 28 from Vancouver to Puerto Vallarta on regular flight in economy, returning on Jan 4. Both flights have now been canceled by Air Canada and replaced with a new flight that is all business class (Jetz). I called Air Canada to see what they would do for me and they say my only options are to fly indirect through Toronto, turning my 5 hour direct flight into 20 hours with connections, or else fly a different day. I cannot fly a different day without missing my Christmas plans with my family or else missing my non-refundable hotel reservation in PV. The agent on the phone offered me the option to buy-up to business class for $650, but that was more than the price of my original ticket and why should I have to pay double now that they’ve made this change? There’s not even an option to get a refund, only a future travel credit. I think my New Years plans might be ruined now.