FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best place to spend winter during a potential second wave of COVID?
Old Nov 11, 2020, 12:32 pm
yvrcnx

Programs: AC MM
Originally Posted by the810
​​​​​​Denial would be claiming that Covid doesn't exist, which definitely isn't an issue in Sweden in my opinion. Vast majority of Swedes percieves Covid as a real thing. What's different is that they accept it as another dissease they must live with.
I have 2 friends here in Stockholm and that is definitely their viewpoint - they are very much aware of the virus but believe they have to live with it. I met one of them yesterday and he was very much pro keeping distance but wasn't convinced that wearing a mask would be as helpful .
He is actually a teacher and it's interesting how their approach is so different from for example schools in Germany.

People are definitely aware and when I wrote in my previous post "virus, what virus" that was more like a joke between my son and myself because things are so different here compared to other countries we've been to.

It has honestly been a breath of fresh air being here and I would not hesitate to stay here for a longer time period as I do feel safe and I also feel that it is my responsibility to keep myself and others safe as well which we are doing as much as we possibly can.