FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best place to spend winter during a potential second wave of COVID?
Old Nov 11, 2020, 11:41 am
exbayern

Originally Posted by ozgal
I just cannot understand why people need to feel the need to escape, when its your's and other's you don't know about, lives AT RISK!
It's probably not worth engaging, because clearly this is a common attitude I read online from some in very harsh lockdown areas who fail to have any empathy for others.

Many of us don't have much time left, or we are separated from our family, or our partner, or have lost our job, or our home, or the only way to get income or medical treatment is to go elsewhere. Those of us with a limited expiration date had plans for what time we have left, and are at far more risk of dying from something else vs COVID.

I have said before that I know people who will die alone, without their loved ones, thanks to the unrealistic and harsh treatment in Australia. Yet I also know that many people there support that. The risk for anything in life has to be weighed, and unfortunately for many of us, COVID is just something in the background while we deal with far more critical things.

I've stopped reading or posting here because of the complete lack of understanding from some posters that not everyone is in a safe place right now, and not everyone can look forward to what 2021 may have in store for them. I'm very happy for those of you travelling around, and for sharing your stories online and offline with me. And I'm so glad that I did relatively a lot of travel this year and plan to continue for as long as I can.