FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Beaver Creek, Colorado REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Nov 11, 2020, 10:14 am
Matt4200

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Just finished up a 4 Night Stay here and here’s my thoughts.

The Front Desk agents, especially Jeff, were really outgoing and we’re very nice/helpful throughout our stay.

We used a TSU to get allocated to the Park Fireside Suite, because it was also a Prive’ booking they moved us to the Highlands Suite because it was off season. The Highlands Suite was pretty small, but still enjoyable for us. I guess the perk of the Fireside Suite is a Fireplace and a Mounted TV. The Highlands Suite was basically a regular room with a smaller connected room having a Small couch, an extra chair, a TV and a Microwave. So if you’re on the fence about booking the Highlands Suite I really wouldn’t pay extra for it.

We requested the “Glamping” kit before arrival and it was set up for our little one when we got there. It was cute and our little one enjoyed it, so that was unique.

Pool/Jacuzzi were heated the whole stay, even when snowing so that was a plus for us. They have 5 Jacuzzis, but only 3 in use likely due to social distancing.

Breakfast -

Friday-Sunday they have a Buffet offering Pancakes/French Toast (alternating by day), Omelet Bar, Avocado Toast, Eggs, Pork Sausage, Bacon, Fruit and pastries.

Weekdays the menu is very limited but something we found unique and good was the Smoked Pork Belly.

Also, note the restaurant closes early weekdays and other times they have a very limited menu.

Beaver Creek Village in general was mostly shut down either due to season or Covid. I’m sure between 11/13-11/20 a lot more will be opening up though.

One strange thing is “Elite Members” (not sure if that means Discoverist and up or Globalist Only) have the option of daily housekeeping, while everyone else can only get it every 4th day.

We didn’t opt for Housekeeping, we just requested towels or toiletries if needed.

They didn’t seem to have a lot of things though that other lower Hyatt properties do have which seemed odd. The slippers they had were the standard white ones, but for some reason they only had small ones. We tried a couple times requesting larger ones as I where size 11 shoes, and they said they didn’t have any. We also asked for Baby Shampoo which is requestable in the app, they didn’t have any or Mouthwash either. Other than that housekeeping was good.

One nice thing was the attached Exhale Spa on property. Being a Globalist and paying an Eligible Rate I was able to take a couple complimentary classes utilizing the Exhale/Globalist benefit. I had to show the manager as the first agent was unaware of it, as well as the manager, that this actually was a benefit, but it worked out.

Another fun thing to note nearby is the Avon Rec Center. They have an indoor water park which you make a reservation for and can use if you have a family and don’t want to swim outside in the winter. We enjoyed it.

I definitely don’t feel like this was a Park Hyatt stay based on the look of the hotel internally or the services/quality. If I had to peg this property as a specific Hyatt brand it would be a Hyatt Centric, and I feel like it would fit right in as a Centric.

Overall I would rate our stay as an 8.5/10 and if the price is right we would return. We landed at Denver Airport and drove the 2.5 hours each way so it was a long ways, but worth it we enjoyed our stay.

P.S. If you are landing in Denver and driving we would HIGHLY recommend Smokin’ Dave’s BBQ on the way to PH BC. Really great Ribs, Chicken and Brisket along with a great menu overall. We decided to try it due to great reviews and it did not disappoint.