FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GUIDE to Trip Credit, Flight Credit, Travel Voucher, Gift Card, Refund
Old Nov 9, 2020, 10:15 pm
Raymoland

AA told me I couldn't use an evoucher for a changed flight....

Two questions - I think I just got told a bunch of lies by a phone agent - want to check with the community to see if that might be the case or if I didn't handle a rebooking correctly.

I wanted to change a flight that was booked in February pre-Covid being a thing. I wanted to change the dates of travel (out and return) and the booking class - from economy to first. Same passengers.

The agent was helpful with making the change. Initially she told me the fare difference was $900 about. I had an evoucher that would cover this. She put me on hold and came back and said the evoucher couldn't be used to pay for the difference. I was surprised but hadn't studied the terms and conditions. Then she also said that I would have to pay $600 in change fees ($200x3) because they were bought preCovid. This didn't seem right and I tried to find the waiver details while on the phone with her but couldn't.

So I ended up paying the $1,500 on my credit card.

Should I have been able to use the vouchers (they are evouchers with a pin code etc). Was she correct about charging me the $200? I made the mistake of calling at the end of a long tiring day and didn't feel like fighting her..... Worth a call back or just let it go.... Thanks for any advice.

Ray