FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 100,000 Free flights to Healthcare Professionals - Ends 17th May 2020
Old Nov 9, 2020, 5:25 am
Brendan88

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum for Life, AccorLiveLimitless Platinum, Qatar Airways Gold
I hope someone can give me advice on what to do.
My current booking with the promo is from AMS-DOH-PER for this Friday. It is currently showing as confirmed. My return flight has been rescheduled a day from 4 to 5 Dec.
Due to the mandatory quarantine and closed borders in Australia we are not able to travel now. I wanted to rebook to any other date in Jan/Feb/Mar 2021 however I was informed by the phone agent that rebooking must be done in the same fare code. The fare code is not available on any date at least until 1 April 2021. I was told my only options are to rebook to a different destination within Australia. SYD, MEL, ADL and CBR all show 0 availability of my fare class on any date.
Other option was to cancel and credit the booking in voucher or cash. In other words, the complementary ticket is not usable...
Would calling again give me more options?
Also, my promo code still works, what would happen if I use it again and cancel this booking. The phone agent said the code would be blocked.