FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2020 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004
Old Nov 9, 2020, 2:19 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by WeLoveSpace
Can I claim duty of care for 2 night accommodation where I am staying in Rio extending my current stay ?

What is the food allowance/day?

I need to buy a new connection to GRU on 19th but I think this is down to me to pay - can you confirm ?
The new connection from GIG to GRU was presumably not in your original booking, so that would count as consequentlal losses. Maybe you can efficiently move the previous arrangement, or use it and simply have 2 days in GRU instead. But the RIght to Care should be OK for hotels, meals, communication and the transfer costs. BA may even pay this without too much problem. There is a guideline of £200 per room per night, and I think £25 for meals. In the Brazil context you shouldn't have a problem there, but as ever it is best to lean on the frugal side at least for some of the meals (e.g. getting lunch from a supermarket). Keep the receipts, and since it's easy to lose these when travelling, I'd take a photo on your phone for this. Ideally get a room with breakfast included, then it makes the maths and claiming easier.