FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Would you miss the wash bag if BA stopped distributing them?
Old Nov 8, 2020, 4:03 pm
1Aturnleft

I'm partial to an amenity kit. I really liked the first editions of the Anya Hindmarch BAg's as well as the contents. Some of which I sought to buy when they ran out because I liked using them. They also varied the contents over the years so there was always something new to experience. Brands such as Aesop, Marvis, Ren, Pennhaligons, Santa Maria Novella and Carmex were all oblivious to me until they appeared in the F BAg's. Nowadays it's fairly common to see these brands in most decent high streets and department stores. The cases themselves were sturdy and well made. I quite like the current Liberty bags but I'm not a great fan of the contents which I've never felt the need to follow up with a further high street purchase. The content brands don't particularly excite me in a way previous ones have. Club amenities of the era (late 90's/early 00's) used to be Body Shop and then Molton Brown before switching to Elemis and they were always quite generous. Elemis kits always featured a discount code for online shopping which I always made use of. I see them as an extension of the airline brand as a takeaway item. I know when Virgin went through the phase of offering an amenity basket to accompany their shoe bag kit, I'd select one of everything on offer in order to make up the complete kit so I don't necessarily see the point of offering this although I appreciate I'm perhaps not the average passenger in this respect. Same on Qatar where items like toothbrush and paste, razors and combs are in the bathrooms, I'd probably take the items to add to the kit given out regardless as to whether I intended to use them - because I would then have the compete kit.

Last edited by 1Aturnleft; Nov 8, 2020 at 9:50 pm