FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Inbound to Hong Kong COVID-19 Quarantine & Restrictions
Old Nov 7, 2020, 9:50 pm
brunos
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by jz123
Im struggling to decide whether me, wife and infant is going to Europe for xmas or not,

The mandatory hotel quarantine really bothers me.
It doesn't make any sense that we need to quarantine in a hotelroom rather then in our apartment since we would meet exactly the same amount of people if not more people at a hotel.....

Anyone know what is like to quarantine in a hotel room? Could you choose the hotel yourself?
Would you be able to be outside in some way? What if you ran out of dipers?
You can choose your hotel and subscribe to their 14-day all-inclusive package. Cost varies.

There was a time where a lot of HK hotels accepted quarantine pax.
This is not the case anymore.
The HK gov publishes a list of hotels:
https://www.coronavirus.gov.hk/pdf/i.../hotels_en.pdf
But this is not exhaustive..Another list:
https://admedilink.hk/quarantine-hon...costs-updated/
There might be more as the obligation of hotel quarantine might increase demand (and supply).

Some FT members who recently did it might share their experience. But be aware that HK is strengthening its surveillance because of some infractions. In theory your are NOT allowed to go out of your room for any reason. Hotels have to report any infraction. There might be guards on the dedicated floors.

One reason for suppressing home quarantine is that some have entertained many friend/family visitors at their home. I am personally aware of someone who tried to organize a home party two days after arriving. The trick of sliding off the wristband has also been widely reported.

Given the exploding situation in Europe, a normal Christmas time is not to be expected. In the first wave, it took a couple of months after the spike to return to some normality. It is unclear if we have yet reached the spike of the second wave.