FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Guide thread: Cv-19 ticketing, changes, rebooking, cancellation, open ticket options
Old Nov 7, 2020, 10:52 am
ISTFlyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,QR Platinum,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold, HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by thanaset
I have some questions regarding to the "flight has been cancelled or rescheduled >15 minutes". As far as I read, I have the following options:
1. Free of charge for changing the flights within the same travel class and region and within -7/+30 days
2. Free of charge to open the ticket for the future use until 31 DEC 2021
3. Full Refund

I am confused for the option 1 and 2, I cannot change the ticket date later than the +30 days period but I can change it to open date ticket and then I can ticket it until 31 DEC 2021?

So, if I have a TK ticket (235-) and one of my flights has been cancelled, however, the first flight (other airlines/trains) has been flown, do I have the above options? For an example, I have the TK flights in January 2021 for XXX-(flown)-AMS-HKG-AMS and I would like to change it to MAN-SIN//KIX-MAN, is that possible without any charge? And I will have a hard time to deal with the OTA and almost impossible that I can call TK directly to make the change?

Thank you very much.
You are right, in points 1 and 2, the system would not let you or a hotline agent to re-schedule your flight for more than +30 days without collecting any fare difference but the open ticket trick would work. Although, a sales office or the back office in IST might override the issue.

You would be able to change AMS-HKG-AMS to MAN-SIN//KIX-MAN for free, although, as you mentioned, you would probably have a really hard time with the OTA. Unfortunately, as you booked through an OTA, TK would refuse to touch your ticket so you need to persuade the OTA to make the changes.