FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Current COVID Restrictions for Hawaii (Big Island) County
Old Nov 7, 2020, 12:56 am
sunfl0wer

Flew into KOA yesterday. We were in the front, so in the first 25 passengers off the aircraft. Queue to testing took 15 min. Waiting for test results took another 30 min. So, pretty much as expected. Then came the unexpected, trying to pick up car at Hertz. I am Presidents Circle, but Hertz has eliminated counter bypass. It took 2 shuttles before I could get on one, and I left my husband at the airport with the luggage. Other companies are only allowing drivers on the bus, but not Hertz. Stood in line at Hertz for another 45 minutes, for a 5 minute transaction so that they could see the airport form showing COVID negative. They had two representatives that were servicing Hertz, Dollar and Thrifty customers. From the time we landed, it took over 2 hours to depart the airport. Next unexpected event was our arrival at Mauna Kea. To check in, they needed to see the electronic QR code from Safe Travels website, for all hotel guests (hardcopy was not acceptable). And, they are only servicing the rooms every 3 days. My husband thinks this is because they need to spend more time cleaning a room when the guests check out. No valet parking (not that I would have used that service). Dining options are limited. In general, both Hertz and the hotel seem to be understaffed. Pack extra patience.